#1challenge – evoke the mercy rule
How did Jesus treat people who called out to him for mercy? Many times he stopped what he was doing, he asked questions, he listened and then he acted. Watch how he healed a man born blind who was begging at the side of the road and who cried out to Jesus for mercy.
On a sunny day, organise a water fight. If you don’t have water guns use tubs or buckets. If someone shouts ‘Mercy’ they evoke the mercy rule and you can’t soak them!
Choose 2 or 3 questions from below and wonder together about Mercy.
- How does it feel to receive mercy?
- How does it feel to give mercy?
- Was it easy to listen to someone calling for mercy in the middle of a game?
We can get tired if people cry ‘Mercy’ too often and might even ignore them so we can give them a drenching!
- Do you think God ever gets tired of us crying ‘Mercy’ to Him?
- When might you need to call to God for Mercy?
- Where might you find His Mercy?
- How might you grow to have a more merciful heart?
Jesus is God’s greatest display of Mercy (Ephesians 2:4-5)